Thread: Helmet Gallery
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2020, 00:40   #1148
HackD

Is there life after death for good quality Airsoft helmets, after they've been hung up after exiting the Airsoft field for the last time?

I think so. After dropping the Airsoft hobby as physically futile/counterproductive, i've picked up a new hobby.. bicycling, electric MTB specifically.. i guess i wanted to be able to record my first head-butt into a tree in 30 years..

Anyway, my Airsoft Fast helmet - it was a good quality one from a number of years back, upgraded with better webbing, and not really used as an Airsoft helmet. I preferred a MICH, for that..

In a moment of reminiscing, i was lurking on a few Airsoft retailers, and noted a few components come up.. ear pocket protectors, dirt cheap.. and a Bubble Shield, relatively cheap.. it sparked a moment of creativity.

Note, the ear pocket covers DO NOT play well with the shield. The ear pocket covers took an evening of heating and gentle persuasion to conform much better to rails, and the forward mount was positioned entirely wrong to where it needed to be, to clear the visor mount. This involved carefully cutting off each forward mount at the 2nd profile 'fold' line of the ear cover, and switching left for right, joining up with a 1/16" aluminium micro-bracket pop riveted in. Re-profiling of the reversed mounts, completed a perfect fit on the ear covers, for this.

This is equipped with a Bluetooth Comms system for connectivity to my Smart phone on my Handlebars for tunes, along with a compact Tac-Light riding below.. it can be change out for something other, like a full 1" barreled light. Insulated ear pockets with earphone inserts ride in the ear pocket covers, with routing inside of the helmet shell behind the webbing. The right hand side has a Drift Ghost X Action Cam, on a custom mount, utilizing the rail system. Typhoon black helmet cover provides sufficient loops for current future external wire routing as needed.

Thought i'd post it up, for a laugh and a lark..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msG4zOfO-GA
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote