View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2014, 21:23   #1888
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassnautilus View Post
I think all Prime kits (under their own brand) are for WA?
They machine for others that sell them for TM base, but only single stack, (and the grips of course).
Hi-capa kits from companies that contracted Prime were not made by Prime. ie. Nova, AS. Just their single stack kits.

There are differences between say, Nova and AS single stack kits, both mfg by Prime. Nova uses 1911A1 frame protector (the piece behind BBH) in their springfield kits. While AS uses MEU type in their SFA. AS kits therefore come with that piece, in case you had gotten a 1911A1.

Nova single stack frames don't work with stock MEU mag release, I don't remember if AS does.

Sights aren't the same, but I was under the impression the AS one was also made to allow regular 1911A1/hi-capa BBH.

They both use the same frame screw for sure. And the extra thick plunger casing and inners.

Hmmm.

So strictly speaking, if I buy one of the Warrior series and drop its internals into a NOVA 1911 (such as the Vickers one), I'd need to replace the sights? Or is that only for the AS kits????

Also let's talk barrel bushings and spring plugs for a minute here.

Which two are compatible with each other if I want to run a straight barrel and a full length recoil rod?

This is of course for a NOVA slide.
I know the Shooter's Design ones are pretty particular with each pairing so I wanted to get a clear answer as to what can go with what.

Also, I've the AS Non tilting outerbarrel...
Is that compatible with the 1911/MEU stuff?