View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2012, 14:36   #88
McKee
Merica'

Send a message via MSN to McKee
Re Afghanistan: Depending on what battle-group you went over with, and where abouts you were, attitudes toward wearing purchased vests varied. If you carried a C7 you are generally issued 10 mags, and if you were forced to use the tacvest, you could hold 5 mags between the pouches and your rifle and the other 5 would fit neatly in the C9 pouch. You usually ditched the 1L canteen pouch and carried a hydration pack, and then had your other C9 pouch for C9 ammo, but that configuration could vary. Keep in mind everyone has a small pack too so all your random items usually stored in the C9 pouch domestically can go in there. The vest works.. I personally dont like it though. The frag pouches are too small for actual frags, the canteen pouch makes it a bitch to get the canteen cup out (not that I ever used that pouch), the velcro wears down too quick, and you can't customize it for grenadiers, gunners, officers, etc. I don't know, just my opinion. Not a bad vest when it's free but I wouldn't pay for one.

Commanding in Airsoft
McKee is offline   Reply With Quote