View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:53   #209
dizzale21

Had some issues with my '07 PTW that I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. Aside from the 6 month old FCC 2.0 motor and some hop up mods, the gun is stock.

Some days the gun works flawlessly. However, on some days the gun will just die in the middle of the day and refuse to work; trigger pulls and switching from safe/semi/auto will do nothing. Disconnecting/reconnecting the battery will sometimes solve the problem, but only temporarily. When I get back home, more often than not it will work again.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's a problem with the rear chip (mosfet), as I've found threads on other forums with similar symptoms. I think it might also be that my lipos are unbalanced (Firefox 11.1v, 15C)... I will try it with some friends' lipos and I have a imax B6 balancer/charger on the way, so I can rule that out relatively soon.

Anyone have any thoughts? Motor? Electronics? I'm likely going to be purchasing a full set of FCC chips at the end of the month and I'm hoping that will solve the problem (incidentally, any issues with an '07 gearbox and FCC chips?).
dizzale21 is offline   Reply With Quote