View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2014, 07:03   #6
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
...Milsim isn't action-packed. Milsim is outright boring to those who don't enjoy milsim. Milsim has you guarding something all day which may never come under threat, not because its fun but because that's your job. Milsim has you humping 30 lbs of stuff for the day on a patrol that may never encounter anyone. Milsim punishes you for messing up and dying rather than recycling you back into the action with a quick respawn. And above all, milsim is a mindset, the idea that its not "just a game" and you should treat what's happening as real (which includes not Leroy Jenkins-ing around the field in an attempt to "get kills"). And when everyone is playing with that mindset, trust me it makes a hell of a difference...
Drake, I think this is actually the best description of what "MilSim" really is.

Yes, lots of airsofters play video games (BF4, COD, etc.) and I think their version of "tactics" stems from that. There are players who don't view getting hit as a big deal, and if there is a short respawn time then it really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. But that's the discretion of the game host/organizer - they're the ones who make the rules and set the scenarios. If they want to have a more true to form game, they need to plan for a smaller group as the majority of airsofters don't care for the more realistic type games (or so it seems to me anyway).

But like Drake said....when everyone is playing with the more real "MilSim" mindset, it is an absolute blast! I don't think we have enough of these in Canada.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 x2 - WE M14 DMR - WE L85A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - TM FAMAS

WE Browning Hi-Power - Tanaka Browning Hi-Power
WE M1911 - KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote