Thread: Mags?
View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2018, 19:42   #9
Kozure

As noted, tonight, after I got home I did 10 tactical mag dumps and reloads with each magazine. I retract what I previously said about the VFC mags fitting best.

Here's how I'd rank them for fit, feel and drop, from best to worst:

- PTS 150rd Mid-Cap Enhanced Polymer Magazine (EPM) (model MAG-PT096450307-BK)
Feels solid, looks great. Slides in and out like a charm. Love the orange follower. Little bit of wobble, nothing serious.

- Hexmag Airsoft 120rds Polymer Mid-Cap Magazine (model MAG-HMAG-Mag01-ATFG)
Really good fit, quick insert and dump. Probably tied for "solidity of feeling of plastic" with the PTS and the G&P. Also has an orange follower.

- ARES Amoeba 140rd High Grade Mid-Cap Magazine (MAG-AM4-140Sx1-DE)
Good fit and insert. I like the little fold out pull. Feels a bit cheap in the hand, plastic feels more "plastic-y" (light and breakable) than some of the other polymer mags.

- VFC QRS 120 Round Polymer Mid Capacity (model Mag-UX-2273309)
Decent insert, sometimes a little jiggle for the retention clip to engage is required. Doesn't always fall out in a dump easily. Nice grip.

- CYMA 140rd M4 Metal Mid cap Magazine ( CY-M013)
Solid weight, sometimes has to be indexed in for best engagement. Usually falls out easily. Some of these developed jamming and misfeed problems after filling them to capacity, two had to be taken apart to fix.

- VFC 120rd Steel Stamped GI Midcap Magazine (model Mag-VFC-M4-120-GR)
Sometimes tight insert, sometimes doesn't engage. Does not fall out on dump - must be pulled out. That said, this magazine has fired reliably since I got the gun.

- G&P 130rd "Ball Ball" Mid-Cap (model GP-MAG007BK)
Really tight insert, must be pulled out firmly. Does not always engage well. For a VFC VR16 Saber, I would call this a fail. On the plus side, zero wobble and has a nice, dense feel. Might be fine for other AEG brands. Definitely not a good choice for VFCs.

I actually wanted the PTS EPM to lose because it sounded like it was over-hyped. Nope - it really does work the best.

Last edited by Kozure; April 6th, 2018 at 09:35..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote