View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2016, 06:24   #7
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentenced2Burn View Post
Airsofters can sometimes seem like abrasive pricks online, but when it's time to play we're generally super supportive. I think you would be applauded for coming out to play and do something you love. There's a kid out there who is basically condemned to a wheelchair, and his local team set him up with a special rig so he could roll around murking fools like a mini-tank. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Anyway, to make a long story short; don't be discouraged. There are many kinds of play-styles that might suit your mobility level perfectly. Sometimes it's nice to have a guy holding shit down with tons of MG fire, not moving around too much. The most important thing is to forget what people think and just get out there to have fun. If someone tries to give you a hard time about it, tell them to kindly fuck off and just keep doing your thing, because airsoft is something for everyone, not just for elitist assholes.

I'm sure you will be suprised by how much help and support you get from other players. If you run into the occasional douche-canoe, don't let it get you down. Just snipe that sucker.
I second the MG position.

If I were OIC I'd make you support gunner:

I'm certain that the reality is people will laugh at you behind your backs and those are the pricks who deserve piss in their coffee but besides that I'm certain people won't blame you if you can't fulfill a team role.

Jokes aside, definitely try to play outdoor and indoor. Different terrain, different equipment, heck you might actually get to ride in an ATV depending on some venues whether here in Canada or across the border in the US.

That being said, make sure you inform the field staff of your condition in the event they need to administer extra caution or assistance if you need help or medical attention. Wear LOTS of cover/clothing especially in the event you do get hit/fall down.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote