Thread: M4/M16 Thread
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2016, 09:11   #1553
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD Steve View Post
The repros are good enough for airsoft but the rear aperture has to be drilled out. The repros also don't have enough tension in the deployed position to stay upright, for this reason I would not recommend them for RS use. Other than that, they look the part.
Let's face it, how many people are deployed in the field sufficiently long to actually require the use of a backup iron sight in situations where the primary optic goes down? In the age of ultra-reliable optics, BUIS are being relegated to the aesthetic realm.

I stopped using BUIS on some of my guns because #weight
Oh man I really hate it when sights have poor tension. My CASV M rail has a crappy tension on the front sights. It annoys the hell out of me when I pull it up and there is no sight for me to focus on.

Its funny when you talk about aesthetics because I have T1 Red Dots mounted on a few of my guns and when I game I just pull them off and watch the trajectory of the BBs fly and re-adjust from there.

They go back on once I'm done gaming to make my toys look nice again lol.

As for feedback regarding the Repro MBUS Pros my buddy owns a pair bought at airsoftstore.ca and he pretty much confirms the quality is quit nice. He also drilled a hole on the rear as well due to it being a bit too small as well.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote