Thread: MechBox.com
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2006, 13:24   #10
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
One problem I've found with the spring chart (not so much the spring chart, but the way it's used as a reference by new airsofters) is they get in the mindset of "This <insert spring> will get me this fps!" then find out they aren't getting it. I remember getting my new Prometheus 110SP spring and installing it in my MP5 with the bearing spring guide, and found my velocity was around 340fps using 0.20g BBs. Anyways, I yanked it and put my good PDI 150% back in, and when I got my second MP5, put the 110 in there.

Maybe if someone could make a chart for basic mild upgrades most people will do it could be a better resource fo the community? I respect highly Brian's work on the present one, but get tired of explaining to people (who are constantly quoting it based only upon what fps their spring choice is) that there are a LOT of other factors that give that number, other upgrades that will affect the fps, etc. Overall I try to discourage newer players who want to upgrade their gun to 400fps to go with a lower setup, generally around 350-360fps. Hate it when players want to use 400fps as their goal and not treat it as the maximum velocity allowed.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; November 21st, 2006 at 13:32..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote