View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2019, 20:19   #6
Ourindar

Honestly, I'm not even sure Krytacs are better than VFC out of the box anymore.
We had a father + son duo show up recently with a Krytac SPR and one of the newer VFC Avalons. I can't speak to accuracy, as I didn't get a chance to test that, but I tested their guns for function and chronoed them.
With exactly the same battery in both, the triggers felt identical on them. If it weren't for the flat trigger in the Krytac, I wouldn't have been able to tell them apart. Both equally snappy. No discernible difference in rate of fire.
The VFC chronoed a little hotter - the Krytac was just under 400 FPS, while the Avalon was about 405. Both had roughly the same consistency in their FPS readings if I remember right.

Is there any reason you're looking to shoot 420 FPS, and more importantly, does your local field allow it? 400 FPS on .2s/1.5J is a very common limit for guns capable of automatic fire in Canada, with quite a few fields being lower than that (I know many are 350 and the ones where I live are 380).

Realistically, you won't notice the difference between 390ish and 420 FPS, it'll just mean less fields let you play.

Edit: If you're looking for better ranged performance, before anything, get some heavier BBs (remembering that your FPS limit, strictly speaking, will be lower). Beyond that, a new barrel group and compression upgrades will go a whole lot further for accuracy than a spring change.

Last edited by Ourindar; June 10th, 2019 at 20:21..
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote