View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:55   #13
Chayce

The Crossfire type 97 is unfortunately only spring powered, and According to the nice gentleman above, since modding the magazine would be impossible, the only up side to buying the crossfire gun is to saw off the trigger guard and glue it back on the RealSword's trigger guard. IMO its a waste of money and will probably weaken that part and be easily knocked off (using epoxy would be a little bit better than glue). Not to mention all that hacking and sawing would leave scratches and marks that can't be covered up unless I paint over it. I could probably use a type of molding material called Friendly Plastic for the trigger guard. This type of plastic becomes moldable over 60degrees Celsius and as long as I don't leave it in boiling water, it stays very hard. Unless you guys have a better idea, I might probably use that to mod the trigger guard for a more realistic look.

p.s. Guys, check this out, three words.

http://www.realsword.com.hk/97gun_j.htm

I'M GONNA CUM XD

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmantank View Post
that LMG is using a type 97 lower reciever and mag well, so its not a type 95, plus, the Chinese government won't allow them produce issued weapon of PLA. But on the other hand, the upper and lower recievers of RS type 97 are compatible with real steel Type 95, so if you can get those type 95 parts, you can put them on a RS type 97.

$800 is not expensive for this gun, considering its very basic nature, made with real steel material and real steel compatible parts. I paid 1.1k for my type 97B though and I think its worthy. I consider real sword products as some thing between real steel and airsoft toy. I can get the RIS System of type 95/97 for you , but they are not cheap though, these are for real steel ,pm me for more detail.
If what this fella said is true, I might not even have to do any hacking or sawing. If I could just swap the lower receiver, it would be great. Tho I haven't seen an airsoft 97 so unfortunately I can't be sure.

Last edited by Chayce; October 4th, 2010 at 23:59..
Chayce is offline   Reply With Quote