View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2013, 18:08   #381
NS-Airsoft-Noob

1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
Classic Army M15A4 Sportline Rifle (weapon replicated is the M16A4 Rifle with A2-style handguards)

2) Date Obtained
Ordered during late December 2012 (received in early January 2013)

3) Initial Cost
$225

4) New or Used
New

5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
1) Stock hop-up performance isn't good; the included plastic one-piece hop-up unit that comes pre-installed has an adjustment wheel that is hard to turn in small increments (meaning fine adjustments to the hop-up aren't really possible), and the adjustment wheel has to be turned all the way over for the BB to noticeably hit a little higher on the target

6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
1) The rear takedown pin going through the mechbox is difficult to remove; a good amount of force is needed to take it out
2) One of the two screw holes for the included pistol grip motor plate is stripped, meaning that the motor plate isn't held on as securely (might cause an issue with motor height)
3) CA cheaped out (well it is a Sportline) and installed a short M4-length 363mm internal barrel, instead of a typical M16-length 509mm internal barrel

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
No major failures yet; hit 4000 rounds fired so far as of Jan 29/2013 (emptied my bag of 4000 Classic Army 0.25g BBs from Revolution Airsoft) and the gearbox still works fine

8) Changes to Internals and Externals (upgrades, mods, dates)
1) Externals: Replaced the plastic orange flash hider with a black metal 14mm CCW A2-style flash hider (supplied with the gun in the box) right after bringing the gun home
2) Externals: Replaced stock pistol grip with Magpul PTS MOE black pistol grip
3) Internals: Replaced stock 363mm barrel with Madbull Black Python V2 509mm tightbore barrel
4) Internals: Replaced stock hop-up rubber with PDI W-Hold rubber

9) Notes and Comments
1) I'm never buying a Sportline-quality AEG again (basically any AEG less than $300); the stock internals (like the hop-up unit) are subpar and I had to (and still have to) invest a lot of money on higher-quality replacement parts for this AEG to turn it into something half-decent; had I known I would've spent the extra money up front on something like a G&P
2) Even my father's CYMA AKS (CM042S) performs better than this AEG so far in its stock out-of-the-box configuration

Last edited by NS-Airsoft-Noob; February 7th, 2013 at 22:24..
NS-Airsoft-Noob is offline   Reply With Quote