View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2013, 20:38   #1814
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Awesome.

Oh, you were right about the infinity slide as well. I stuck it on a nova 1911 kit and it slid on without an issue. Ever since my problem with the Kimber Warrior kit I've had a lot less patience with having to "fix" things that should fit out of the box lol! I'll have to try what you suggested with the stainless hi capa when I have more time. For now the 1911s have once again caught my eye.
And therein, lies the fallacy in the belief that this stuff should go together like a Lego kit. It can't happen. It won't ever happen. There are many factors involved on why this would never happen, from a manufacturing level, to production, to QA, to corporate business decision, and I could go on a 10,000 word rant on WHY this could never happen in ANY industry. It is the sole reason why industry standards exist for some things, and why 3rd party component suppliers can produce a similar part for a fraction of the cost of an OEM component.

Even if you took a handful of parts right off a Tokyo Marui production line, there is NO guarantee that they will fit together, even though they are all the same brand, same model, and possibly even from the exact same production batch. It's why the modern assembly line, testing lines, and quality assurance exists... But... I digress. I won't go in to much more detail of that.

It is this exact fallacy, that leads many airsofters to believe that they can just buy a few ILLusion Kinetics parts, slap them together, and sell that gun as an "ILLusion Kinetics Custom Gun". It's not. And this results in the numerous PM's I get every day, from guys who say they bought a custom built gun off the ASC Classifieds, but when they got it in their hands, they were very underwhelmed with the performance, and wanted to know if I could help them fix it.

It's the exact same cause that lead me to end up with that Warrior kit from you. LOL.

But basically, if you want something to work right out of the box... buy a pre-assembled gun from a reputable manufacturer/builder. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Edit: is there a difference in performance between the 1911 hop up units and the hi capa hop up units (entire unit).
None whatsoever. Except for the stem to hold the spring guide in place, the rest of the hop up unit is exactly the same.

Last edited by ILLusion; September 19th, 2013 at 20:42..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote