View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 13:42   #1805
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Wouldn't this be only 90% of the work?
I think for one to achieve the best results, both precision machining has to be done to both the slide rails on the frame and the slide guide rails on the slide (I don't know what to call them).

...or at least match the precision measurements or close to.
Yes, absolutely. The Nova kits that these were tested on, are all CNC machined aircraft aluminum as well. Of all the 1911 kits that exist out there, Nova is still considered, in my humble opinion, to be the best metal body kit that exists on the market for Tokyo Marui 1911 pistols at this time. It's the consistency in their product, that made it easy to develop a product that fit with no headaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
I mean, don't get me wrong Brian, I'm sure the monolithic rails are very very very choice, but if you pair it with a crappy slide like a Guarder slide that's plagued with tolerance issues, it would still result in poor slide to frame fitment, no?
Most definitely. But if you're dropping this kind of coin on a receiver insert upgrade ($157), you're not going to be matching it up with a low tier metal kit... it's like putting $5000 rims on your Corolla or your Minivan....

... actually, I've seen people do that. Chrome spinners, too. I guess whatever floats your boat... LOL

For what it's worth, the insert was designed not specifically for Nova kit users. Their receiver was just a platform, since we didn't have a production-ready version of our own. This was designed more for highly customized performance 1911's, and the slide that was tested fully on this, was ILLusion Kinetics slides.

Example of one such sample build:

Last edited by ILLusion; September 17th, 2013 at 13:58..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote