View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 12:55   #1804
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
The monolithic rails throughout helps a lot with that. The original design of the Marui parts results in uneven movement of the slide at high speed, especially if the rails were not aligned properly. Because these rails are precision milled in a single rail (rather than as separate rail sections), the movement is more predictable. Also, because of the accuracy of milling, we're able to take fitment up to precision levels, where both the left and right rail are much more consistent with each other, and the front is just as precise as the back.

Lastly, the precision of the machining allows us to bring the slide closer down to the magazine's gas release gasket... and KEEPS it there, thus, creating a better seal between the nozzle and the magazine.
Wouldn't this be only 90% of the work?
I think for one to achieve the best results, both precision machining has to be done to both the slide rails on the frame and the slide guide rails on the slide (I don't know what to call them).

...or at least match the precision measurements or close to.

I mean, don't get me wrong Brian, I'm sure the monolithic rails are very very very choice, but if you pair it with a crappy slide like a Guarder slide that's plagued with tolerance issues, it would still result in poor slide to frame fitment, no?