View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2020, 04:14   #3
Ratters

solution, what solution

Here's an update. I have had success with the slide catch engaging but I had to make sacrifices.

This pistol, the TM HK45T uses a conical shaped rubber buffer / stabilizer on the recoil rod, along with this are two circular rubber grommets.

The two rubber grommets limit the rearward motion of the slide so it doesn't over-travel, however, what they also do is severely restrict the window of time and space the catch needs to engage effectively.

Removing the two grommets and inspecting the slide travel for mild over travel was duly noted.

I have now had 100% success with the slide now locking back after every trigger pull on an empty magazine. This is with stock or high flow valves, regular puff Dino and Dino 12 gas, this is also with the suppressor on or off and with a hot or cold magazine.

So it is functioning now but at a cost. The cost is the hammer will lightly kiss the edge of the piston but not causing any significant wear or damage that i can see.

Long term use of the pistol may develop slight marring but it's nowhere near that and I will post up if it does cause any detrimental effect to the function of this pistol.

My goal was to have 100% slide lock reliability for the sake of figuring out why it wouldn't.

One thing worth mentioning is even removing one grommet would not lock it back, using an even thinner o-ring in place of the two grommets would not lock it back reliably.

It was only after both were removed that's it's been consistent.

It's been a time consuming but interesting dilemma. From time to time and out of curiosity I may add back a grommet simply to see if anything changed. I will post it up if they do but from a mechanically functioning point of view this may be the bastardized and improvised solution

Last edited by Ratters; June 3rd, 2020 at 15:02..
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote