View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2021, 09:45   #3
ItsGenesix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0nik View Post
1. Theoretically yes, the parts should be a simple swap. However when you mix parts from different manufacturers you can often find the specs are slightly different, requiring filling / sanding / filing / Dremel work etc.

2. CNC not sure, probably not. Laser engraving yes definitely. Off the top of my head 007 Airsoft in Calgary and Maple Armories in Waterloo provide custom engraving (you might have to ship your gun if there's nothing local near you).

I wouldn't recommend approaching a random engraving business, I've heard a few anecdotes about businesses being uncomfortable with airsoft or unsure about the legality of reproducing real-world trademarks.

Definitely ask around in your local community for Airsoft friendly business recommendations.

3. My own unsolicited advice to beginners:

Don't invest in cosmetics for your first rifle when you're just starting out. Invest in functional upgrades and play for a season or two before deciding what else to spend money on because your taste and preferences will likely change as you gain practical experience.

A $20 flat hop bucking, an inexpensive ~$50 mosfet unit and a set of deans connectors (+ labour cost for the install) will result in an appreciable improvement in a stock gun's performance.
okay thank you.

overall, im not worried about cosmetics currently, but more so down the road if i get into it heavily. and the receiver, im just a little worried about the durability of polymer.

it wouldnt be reproducing trademarks, but, taking the look of the SRXL upper and lower, and adjusting it to make it original. but really, i just want a stronger gun (later on, not dumping 800+ into a krytac just to start)

i will definitely be doing internal upgrades before external and body.
ItsGenesix is offline   Reply With Quote