View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2016, 19:24   #11
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I enjoyed milsim until all the rich kids got gen 3 nods. Kinds changed the game a little but I still enjoy it. I do get the point of those who "play 12 of 24 hours" however they need to understand that war or simulation of war isn't designed to be like call of duty team death match. That's a skirmish. A milsim has you doing things that may seem pointless however if your doing them right they are having an impact on the rest of your team and the enemy etc...
Now I like the immersion factor. Give me a ghillie and a partner and an AO and let me know what you need. I'll communicate with my partner and they can watch my ass and handle all other communication. Let me know who you need watched, located or dead and I'm on it.
I can do that for 4 hours of a 30 hour game and then run assault or recon or go chill at the base camp. I can stay in my AO until endex and not fire a shot, that's milsim because that's exactly what can happen to a sniper any given work day. To me, as I basically have said, if it's realistic then it's milsim. If it's 3 respawn move the box or rescue the piolet the swap sides. That's skirmish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; April 27th, 2016 at 20:24..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote