View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2008, 13:28   #139
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
No, because it's needed to remove the cylinder. The slight differences in tolerances from cylinders to upper over the years means some require no force to remove while some do.

Sorry, Kos, but you haven't been around the PTW long enough to know what they have or have not done. You bought one that happened to fall in the bad batch from last fall to this spring. You 100% knew that your's was from this batch, but did nothing pro-active to ensure your motor problem was solved prior to you pulling the trigger for the first time after nearly a year of ownership. The fix for your motor was known and public for the last 6 months now.

They have changed the design and construction of their motor at least 7 times from Gen 1 to now, including 4 different 490a motors. They have updated their electronics through 4 generations, changed the hop up in 3 revisions, gone from aluminum outer barrels to steel, changed the inner barrel from 6.10 to 6.04mm. They've revised the trigger twice, changed the gearbox shell at Gen 3, the cylinder lock system at Gen 3, and if I think about it I could go on.

So I think it's fair to say that they have made some improvements over the years. If you ever owned a Gen 1 and compared it directly to a Gen 4, then you'd know.

I know that Marui or G&P have not made this many revisions to their guns, and I promise you their's still break as well. Ever try to get service from Marui?
I'm just being a cynical dick.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote