View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2017, 19:18   #9
Drake
E-01

Gotta +1 the suggestion to just forget the suppressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOIIO View Post
Since I have the long barrel I'm tempted to just get the gemtech outback and a thread adapter to see if it works well before shelling out for the mad bull kit, but I do want a second inner and outer barrel/hopup setup so I can quickly change between a longer barrel and suppressor, and the shorter setup with a compensator if I'm shooting too hot, or just for closer ranged stuff. (also to be able to change up the look quickly)

You're going to regret that: I have one of those adapters and it's a flimsy, annoying setup at best; the adapter screws into the barrel clockwise, the suppressor screws on the adapter CCW from the reverse, so as you try to tighten one you loosen the other. It also shakes itself loose from the recoil.

If you're really dead set on running a suppressor, get a threaded outer barrel. Get one for Marui, it fits but will require a bit of fitting.

Which brings me to the second point (more related to your original post): you said the top of your chamber getting stuck on the slide? That sounds like a problem I encountered when installing a steel barrel+chamber (made for TM) on my MEU. I had to slightly file down the locking lugs (those 3 bands inside the slide, in front of the ejection port) to get it to cycle properly. That may or may not help you with your current problem (you'd have to make sure that's what the actual problem is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
I had a Stock TM 1911 with a metal threaded barrel & supressor.

It worked flawlessly.

What you need is a light slide, and good tolerances.

The WE 1911's have neither of those qualities.

TM is great is you don't mind an all-plastic gun. Upgrading a TM to full metal is a huge PITA and requires upgrading pretty much everything because the original internals aren't designed to cycle the heavier parts. And even after dumping about $500 in upgrades into it, it'll still require some tuning to get it to run "okay" ...basically like a stock WE.

I've done it a couple of times and will never do it again.