View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2013, 18:24   #1
Reaver_RRTS

Magpul PRS stock battery modification

Hey everyone... Have the need to pick some brains, and I have a question for everyone that I'd like some help with.

I want the Magpul PRS stock for my GR25 AEG. For those who are unaware it's a rear wired mechbox. Obviously that means the battery is in the stock. My question is... is it possible to machine a section out of the PRS stock to fit a normal battery somewhere inside?

I know there is a buffer tube lipo mod and i'm not interested in that. Not enough power for what I have in mind. My current battery is a large brick style (if i have to change it to a smaller one I will, but I don't want to sacrifice power output too much)

Anyway. I can't seem to find diagrams or images of the INSIDE of one of these stocks, so I turn to ASC. I know the bottom of the PRS has a slide-out cap hiding a rail. I do not want a PEQ box for the battery there however. My thought was maybe to mill that area out and extend the wiring down through the stock to the bottom, enough for a battery to be pushed into some kind of compartment from below. It's an expensive stock, so I don't want to buy it, fuck it up, and be out the money. Plus, I lack the machines, but know someone I could ask, so I want to know if it'd be possible to somehow machine it.

Basically, the plan is to open the stock in half, machine a small groove for the wiring down to the bottom of the stock where the rail is. Machine a space wide enough inside where the rail is for a battery to be inserted into a compartment inside the stock. Obviously, the stock has two adjustment points, and I'd like to maintain the integrity of both the adjustable capabilities as well as the integrity of the physical strength of the PRS stock. I'm currently printing out some pictures, and will remodel the stock in 3D, in hopes of a basic design. If anyone has the PRS stock, and would be kind enough to send me pictures of the insides and the adjustment systems so I can figure out the internal designs, that would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

With that, I leave this little question and shred of hope in your hands!
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote