View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2010, 21:05   #5
Ratters

Sig misfires

Read before anything!

IF THE GUN IS NEW LISTEN TO ILLUSION!!!

If the gun is used you can consider my suggestions below

(TM sigs have many little screws all over the place. remember the plastic can be brittle and screw holes can strip. This sucks but don't sweat it because you can always use a minimally larger screw to fix. Keep in mind of the screw length and head size, these may need to be "massaged" with a Dremel in some cases but work)

If your comfortable with the task I would suggest tearing the gun down, open up the gearbox and clean all the contacts with an electrical contact cleaner. After you do this inspect all the saudered connections and the contacts on the selector plate and be carefull not to tear off any saudered conections during diss/Reassembly.

After the contacts are clean and shiny use a little dielectric grease on the sliding contact areas and good as new.

When the mechbox goes back in the lower receiver make sure your selector guidelines on the geared wheels are lined up, reassemble and try it now.

Oh, and don't loose the little detent bearing and spring on the left selector switch 'cuz then you'll really have fun trying to select your semi-auto fire!

Good luck and happy hunting!
Ratters

Last edited by Ratters; June 16th, 2010 at 21:12.. Reason: spell check
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote