View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2013, 18:28   #1831
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Has anyone ever had any issues with Nova hammer/sear sets for Marui 1911/MEU? Mine seems to be very problematic as I get a lot of full auto or half cocks when the gun is fired. Everything else in my gun is stock. I'm guessing maybe the sear is not catching the hammer? Nozzle and floating valve seem to be fine so I know there is sufficient gas to cock the hammer when the gun cycles. Anyone have issues with nova sets?
I haven't had any issues with the ones I've installed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Also does anyone know if this will fit in 1911 as well? I see so,e chambers are for hubcaps, some 1911 and some for both, so I was wondering if this will actually fit:

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/in...oducts_id=6252
I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but I know RaciangManiac's tried it before and can probably answer that question for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepeel View Post
Illusion, do you know if this slide set comes with steel or aluminium barrel and if it is a fixed one?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...Set_Silver.htm
I'm not too sure, but from my best guess, the barrel would be stainless steel and the barrel would be the fixed type... granted, that's how the ILLusion Kinetics version would be configured. I don't know how Airsoft Surgeon's version would be configured. I'm quite certain his barrel is stainless steel, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
Hey there everyone,

Having read through the majority of this thread can i first say what an amazing resource you have going here, a positive goldmine of information! Now onto my main issue....

yesterday i received a TM 1911 MEU that has been upgraded with a shooters design slide and a guarder metal receiver. As far as I'm aware, these are the only upgrades that have been made, although it was apparently built by Mike Cripps at elite shooting centre. I am unaware if he makes any other changes to the standard internals, although i should hope a custom gun smith would not allow a metal kit upgrade without an enhanced recoil spring for example. Who knows, i have no way of telling, unless anyone else has had a weapon built by him before and could let me know.

The purpose of my post is as follows. When i gassed up the mag and tried to fire it, it let off a single shot, with the cycle only managing to half cock the hammer. i manually cocked the hammer, fired again, and had the same effect.

Being reasonably well acquainted with the internals of TM 1911 pistols i decided to crack her open and see if i could see what was going on. I immediately noticed an issue. The loading muzzle/nozzle has a large crack running through it, which I'm assuming would explain a large decrease in power to the blow-back action of the slide, and subsequently explain the issues with only half cocking the weapon.

my question is, what could have caused this damage to the loading nozzle? i am in the process of ordering a replacement, however i don't want to fit it just to find the next one breaks as well due to an issue else where in the gun. is it possible to confirm that the issues are due to the loading nozzle only?

I have also ordered a 5KU lightweight blowback housing, which i believe includes a piston head. Although designed for a HI-Capa, im under the impression this should fit directly into the MEU? if not, can anyone advise as to what modifications need to be made?

Finally, can anyone explain to me if this issue could be caused by something in the hammer mechanism itself? maybe to do with the leaf spring and its engagement with the hammer sears?

sorry for bombarding you guys with questions!
A couple of issues are raised by your post:

1) The loading nozzle should always be upgraded in Hi-Capa/1911 series pistols when also upgrading to a metal slide, and enhanced recoil spring for the intent of using propane. Sadly, there are many pistol smiths in Canada who know or do this. The reason yours broke, is for that exact reason. All of the added weight of the components, the increased spring strength, and the higher pressure gas leads to a much higher backpressure build up on the original nozzle component which was designed only for use with low powered HFC134a Duster Gas on light weight plastic slides and weaker recoil springs. If you don't upgrade it, it will break as you've exactly described.

2) A Hi-Capa Blowback Unit will fit an MEU.... if you have a precision mill. :P

You will need to cut a very precise slot out of the blowback unit in order for it to mate with your rear sight. If you make that cut out too small, it won't fit. If you make it too big, the rear sight will wobble.

Quite honestly, you should buy a proper MEU rear blowback unit. If you can't find any, I have a few here. They're more expensive, but they work and fit better than the 5KU version.

Last edited by ILLusion; October 1st, 2013 at 18:40..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote