View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2003, 17:47   #5
Skruface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion
Top Power Springs:
Am I correct in assuming Skruface's referral of the Top Power 170% spring which dropped from 423fps to 400fps in one day to be what he saw happening to my P90 at Operation: Capital Thunder 2 after I blew off 5 hicaps to "weaken the spring?
You would be correct. I failed to take into account that you were adjusting your hopup as you were shooting the rounds. The added friction from the hopup would certainly lower your FPS - I assumed that you had not adjusted the hopup after your initial chonograph reading....my bad.

Quote:
Bushing Compatibility With Certain Gear Sets
I have also heard that there are particular compatibility issues regarding Guarder dual oil channel bushings with SystemA reinforced gear sets. However, I have not had this problem with four different SystemA reinforced gear sets (Standard Flat, Torque Up Helical, Ultra Torque Up Helical, Infinity Torque Up Helical) and three different sets of Guarder dual oil channel bushings.
The set of Systema Flat Standard ratio gears I tried to test fit on the Guarder Bushings had to be seated with a hammer if they were going to be seated - they weren't simply drop-in. I conferred with a few other sources that said they had similar issues. Perhaps Systema has changed the outer diameter of the gear axles (the tests gearset was approximately 2 years old), or perhaps Guarder has enlarged the axle hole on the bushings? My experience is limited to the parts available way out here in MB - which, to be honest, is pretty slim pickings with such a small player base out here.

Quote:
I'm just adding on to Skruface's work right now, so I'd like to thank Skruface for putting the effort into getting up a well written and concise upgrade guide. This is a great start to getting all that information that everybody has wondered about into one convenient location.
I appreciate the assistance, Brian. I haven't had access to the wide assortment of parts, nor have I completed the varied and controlled testing procedures you have. You input is much appreciated - as is catch the errors I made (WRT the Systema piston tooth et al...).

Also note that ALL of the parts mentioned are available through Tru or any other online retailer. I only used the WGC references/pictures because I got most of my parts through Yawn's WGC Group Order #2.
Skruface is offline   Reply With Quote