View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2010, 22:15   #1
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

People who want CF kit (non-surplus)

I just wanted to take a moment to address an issue I've seen cropping up more and more here on the buy&sell.

There are users here asking for or selling non-surplussed gear such as TacVests, small packs, cadpat leather gloves, cadpat raingear etc. I'm currently serving in a front-line unit, and we are experiencing extreme shortages of equipment. Regarding the above mentioned tacvest, we don't even have enough on base to ensure that soldiers posted into the unit each get one, we're down to sharing and cannibalizing from those who are in staff/HQ positions, long term medical restriction etc.

Persons who actively seek to acquire these kit items are fueling the market for black market goods, pieces of kit going walking from supply depots is an issue right now, and publically demonstrating an interest does not help the matter.

I urge any player here who counts themselves as patriotic and pro forces to not engage in the purchase or trade in non-surplussed CF issue kit. There are many alternative sources for similar items available; and for example the TV is a piece of crap, why would you want one?

Anyway, thanks for reading, cheers.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote