View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2005, 23:30   #1
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
kcs g18c - slide cycle problem

hey guys got a problem perhaps you coudl help me out with.

I got a glock 18c used, it worked perfectly on semi but the slide would lock when comming into position to load the next round and fire. Being the guy I am who takes everythign apart I thought that it just needs a good cleaning. I took the slide off and stripped down adn cleaned every part in teh slide then re-lubed, then proceeded to put it all back together.

I'll make a note here saying that the chamber that holds the rocket valve (reed valve) was sticking a bit. I would pull it forward then release and it woudl simetime bind. I observed that when reassembling the gun the two springs used to push this chamber back is easily able to not be seated correctly and caused this binding action. Moving on, I re-assembled the slide and the chamber now moves freely. I load up a mag and try shooting. Weird as it sound my safety now works (move selector switch to middle possition) and so does full auto.

The problem now is tha the slide will not move all the way back to load a new round or when mag is empty to lock back the side. From feel, the slide is just as smooth or smooter as before. The selector switch seems to work and as said above my safety now works. From observation it appears that the slide is not getting anough gas to cycle correctly. I checked the rocket/reed valve inside the main chamber and it appears to move freely and not be binding. My understanding is this valve controls the gas to fire the bb/cycle the slide.

I have tried to dissassemble the slide again payign carefull attention to the rubber seal that the chamber rides on, and making sure it's well lubed. The gun still exibits the cycle problem.

Is it possible that this valve can wear out?
is it possible that the rubber seal is worn out (strange that it worked before the cleaning)?
does the rocket vavle have to be inserted or seated in a certain oriantation (ie direction)?

I've tried doing the search thing, one of the reasons i tried to clean everything and get the spring functioning to get my full auto working. Now the gun will not cycle.

any ideas?
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote