- KJW M9 (Full metal)

2) Date Obtained
- Nov 2007

3) Initial Cost
- $280 Cdn

4) New or Used
- New

5) Mechanical Problems
- None with the gun. But the mag that shipped with the gun leaked and had a broken feed lip and was unuseable. A&A replaced it with a new mag. New also started leaking within a couple of weeks, as did the second mag I bought. The mags tend to leak from the base of the mag, and not from the valves. I purchased 3 more mags and fill them with less propane now. I haven't had a problem with those yet.

6) Esthetic Problems
- None out of the box. It's showing a bit of paint wear on the edges of the slide and on the safety levers, but that's to be expected from extreme use.

7) Rounds fired between failures
- No failiures on the gun so far. It's never been fielded, but I put about 1500 rounds through it so far just plinking in my basement with friends and at a friend's house in the country. It's had a pretty heavy duty workout and it's holding up beautifully.

8 )Changes to Internals and Externals
- Hogue grips
- New King Arms trigger bar spring. Wasn't a problem or an upgrade. I just lost the original trigger bar spring while installing the new grips. The new spring has no effect on the performance of the gun)
- New 150% recoil spring. Didn't find it made a whole lot of difference except the slide snaps back a bit faster now. Have a 190% hammer spring for it, but too chicken to crack the gun open to install it.

9) Resale Date and Value if applicable.
- Not a chance in Hell that I'd sell this baby. It's accurate, reliable, and hits hard. You can't ask for more than that out of a sidearm.

10)Notes and Comments

This is an awesome gun for the money. It' s accurate, has nice power, and feels great. The all metal contruction really adds some beef to the weight. The recoil isn't very powerful, but gives enough kick to lift the muzzle a bit with each shot.

I hear these guns are prone to trigger spring breakage after minimal use (less than 200 rounds). I haven't had that problem yet, although I have a spare trigger spring that came with the respring kit I bought should this happen.

The only potential downside I could see for this gun is the lack of rails for accessories, and its limited upgradeability (from the info I could find). And I honestly don't think it really needs any upgrades except the aforementioned springs.

In terms of accuracy, I can get roughly 1.5" groupings at 20-25 feet. Not bad at all, I'd say.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; January 10th, 2008 at 13:58..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote