View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2012, 00:47   #65
h33t
formerly jpui

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Update:

Just tested the slide internals of WE and HK Glocks on a TM stock, Guarder, and Shooter's Design Slide.

This won't be a surprise to you guys but the the internals all work on the different slide combinations. But as expected, the Guarder slide fought the BBU a bit on the G18c. Specifically, the selector doesn't move fluently. In fact, it needed a bit of force to move from full auto to semi.

On the G17, the sights were a bit finicky as the WE sights used a bigger screw and thus didn't fit the stock sight properly. At least in my case.

The Hop up unit on the WE internals comes pre-kitted with an 03 tightbore. Nice little feature. The inner barrel wasn't creating any wobble inside the outer barrel on the metal ones but the stock outerbarrel had a bit of wobble. You'l need some sort of O-ring to hold the inner in place. This is on both guns.

The WE stock slide assembly also yields a bit more power than a stock TM assembly. It doesn't have the best bucking or piston head but the floating valve is stronger than most of the aftermarket plastic valves on the market. WHich is a good thing...

Mating the Lower assembly to the WE upper is quite superb. I was worried that the Stock G17's hammer bearing would create problems with the WE BBU but I found that they melded well.

I have yet to test out WE Lower assembly with TM Stock parts. I will update soon!!!
Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to your next update