Thread: PISTOL Question
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2020, 08:48   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Frankly, except the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, those are all poor choices. The KWA 1911 is a meh performer, not a bad gun, but you can do better. The Elite Force 1911 will break quite quickly, although parts are not as hard to get nowadays as they used to be, its still possible that you and up with a nice paperweight rather quickly. The G&G GPM92 is a gamble, its rather new, not a lot of information is available on them, so who knows how it will last...

That leaves the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa. This gun is great, all around, its a great shooter, parts are VERY VERY easy to get, often quite cheap, and with its double stack mags, it holds a lot of gas. The Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa is THE platform of choice for competition shooters. The only drawback is that its plastic slide has no reinforcement for the slide catch, and it will eat through it in time (unless you get the Hi-Capa 5.1 DOR or the Gold Match, those have the reinforcement and the slide catch will last forever), so eventually, you either have to live with the slide not locking back when the mag is empty, or its time to replace it with a metal slide.

That said, the plastic slide performs incredibly well, even in cold conditions. It's lightweight, so the gun cycles really fast. I would recommend using the plastic slide until something goes wrong, and then changing the slide at that time. Some people have had slot for the slide catch on the plastic slide last for years, way back when I had mine, I just filed the slot a few times to keep it working, think I used that plastic slide for 4 years, so its really a small negative, but its there, and its good to know about it.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote