View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 20:49   #2
Freeze

If it's an AR/M4 type of gun you're looking for...

VFC offers the best price-performance-let you do things to it- ratio. You're looking in the range of 450-550 + tax for this. Extremely reliable, excellent quality. I personally own 2 VFCs right now (one's a SCAR, the other's a SABER SD M4), love them (except the SCAR's stupid unique hop up that thing is a nightmare). I've also owned 3 in the past year (sold them because I wasn't a fan of their external looks of those specific models). They're also really easy to upgrade, I personally have minimal teching experience, other than what I used to work on for R/C cars, and managed to swap internal parts without a hitch. No messy "this doesn't fit time to grind shit down" sort of thing.

G&P is literally a tolerance nightmare.

Krytac is not-proprietary enough, so it accepts V2 gears, but is proprietary enough that some other parts start to not fit without modification (so I've heard).

Umarex doesn't make guns, they buy licenses to make guns and then get other companies to make them. Sometimes VFC, sometimes S&T, sometimes ARES.

Maple Airsoft gun is apparently a good upgrade base, or markets itself as such. The creator of it is on the forums somewhere, you can get more info from them about this.

ICS....I can't say much but I hear their split gearbox system is interesting. Not sure about this though.

CA's quality has been said to have turned to actual garbage according to what I've heard.

Not entirely sure about the other ones. But I'd definitely, 100% recommend a VFC. Can't go wrong with one, whether you just want a reliable out of the box rifle, or want a good upgrade base. Externals are also built very well.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote