View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:41   #43
uncle_benny12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
I just upgraded to the PROWIN magazines and wanted to post up about my experiences with them and other PROWIN upgrade parts that I have started to install in this rifle.

The new magazines from PROWIN are far far superior to the standard GHK magazines. Gone is the dual tube gas reservoir and instead the PROWIN magazines feature a CnC machined aluminum reservoir which will positively, absolutely not leak so long as you treat it right, unlike the GHK mags which are very labour intensive to keep in working order.

I do have to say that the external shell on the GHK mag is superior to the PROWIN, being blued steel instead of the painted phosphate steel finish on the PROWIN mags. However, if one is really hard up and wants nice blued steel mags, it's just a matter of stripping and reblueing.

One issue with the PROWIN mags, I had quite a bit of a problem with feeding. The rifle was plagued with constant "bolt partially forward" stoppages. The fix for this was to cut away the bottom of the feed ramp on the chamber; however installing a PROWIN CnC Aluminum nozzle set fixed all feeding issues and actually the bolt cycles better than when the rifle was stock. So something to keep in mind if you are going to put some cash into the PROWIN magazines (which are very, very much worth it over the GHK ones) then remember to install the matching PROWIN nozzle to prevent issues with feeding.

I have a PROWIN metal chamber on the way, as well as a PROWIN firing pin so I will update here when I've installed those components.
Hey Kokanee,

Did you have the bolt partially forward problem with the standard GHK magazines as well? I am having the same issue with my GHK magazines so I just wanted to see how you solved this on your gun.
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote