View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2016, 16:00   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Whoa! Hold on there Zoolander... (Had to throw that in)

I myself don't have a huge eye sight issue, but for some reason switching to my left side I always seem to be ackwardly hunched over, with my gun on an angle. I practice of course, but it's still odd, which is weird because I've always been fairly ambidextrous, or at least skilled with my left side.

All that being said, I like the pistol idea and will go to that whenever I can. Use a right dominan, two-handed grip and just keep your chicken wing in, or if you feel comfortable with the smaller side arm, just use it left, your choice. This would be my first choice in CQC/CQB anyways.

If you need more distance or fire power, so a pistol is not an option, then you need to use a left-handed/right eye approach. You may opt for a sight that is more forgiving to ackward shooting positions, such as modern iron sights, something with great eye relief and is a little taller. These will help with the transition. On top of that, you'll need to practice this as it'll feel more odd than a new golf swing in the beginning.

I used to do the same thing and try and keep right, but forcing myself to switch it up has worked out better long term. While you get used to the idea of shooting left, get a more released hold on your weapons and drop it away from your face, so that you're looking squarely over your gun instead of down the sights, this may help acclimate you to shooting left and make it more comfortable overall.