View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2017, 13:13   #31
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

difference in price is not just the glass, but also the tube and the weight of the optic overall. The glass on my accushot at 200$ is sufficient for airsoft and probably good enough for a real AR given that's what the scope is meant for. The drawback is that with a mount you're looking at almost 2 pounds.

A vortex viper weighs almost half of that, has better clarity, better eye relief and almost no distortion. You also don't see the tube at all when you look through it. But it's also a 700$ scope.

The problem with buying low end is that you don't know the kind of quality you will get, sight unseen. 200$ is a lot to gamble on an optic that might not work out, which is why I've recommended the accushot. Several other players have bought the exact scope I have and also agree for the price that it is a very good deal if you can get it at the 200$ mark when it comes on sale on amazon. The regular price is something like 300 after taxes and shipping. I also looked for a good month at all the other options around the 200-300$ price range and all the review are somewhat similar.. heavy, questionable eye relief. If you still don't know what the difference is, buy a shitty visionking and take it to cabelas or sail or basspro and compare it side by side with something that has similar magnification. Most magnified optics sold to airsofters will not even compare, it is a waste of your money to even consider magnified optics under 200$ and everything else unless you've looked through it yourself is a gamble because most realsteel shooters will have something nicer.

I'm working on a gun right now for a client, he left his 4x acog on it, the sight picture is cloudy and grey through the glass. You can barely see anything through it, on top of having a knife edge eyerelief where you either hit the spot right and get a picture or you get nothing but blackness of the tube. And if you try to move with the rifle shouldered, you lose the picture.