View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2019, 13:44   #2
Datawraith

-VFC AR15 or LCT AK
-BTC Spectre mosfet (or Chimera for AKs, some people like GATE Titans or Jefftron Leviathans. If you're feeling cheap, a 3034 mosfet will let you use 11.1v lipo batteries but your trigger won't be able to be shimmed)
-Siegetek 10.44:1 or SHS 13:1 single sector gears
-ASG or Tienly motor (tbh, I can't really help you out with the motor choices)
-other gearbox work done to keep up with the above (piston, piston head, nozzle, etc)
-rhop barrel grouping (was rhopping around when you left? If it wasn't, hooo boy, you're in for a shock at how consistently far and accurate AEGs can get their groupings to be now)

-work done by reputable techs (Z/pestobanana, xevous, EOD Steve if you can find examples of his work)

Most of the stuff you see is probably pretty heavily upgraded, sometimes with dual sector gears (DSG). A lot of techs around southern Ontario though don't really do DSG work anymore due to a few issues with it (reliability, part wear, pretty unnecessary). I'm getting around 35 rps from a single sector gear build which is plenty. More than that and you just overshoot people.

I've heard the EVO Scorpions being pretty good out of the box, but no first hand experience. If you like KCs, just get a KC and pimp it out with Rogueworx parts; it's crazy how much aftermarket support they are giving the platform. They're on holiday right now, but they make bolt carriers, pistons, hopup units, everything to turn it into a monster.

Last edited by Datawraith; October 15th, 2019 at 13:50..
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote