Thread: A Big mistake.
View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2012, 23:23   #14
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMcGoulBerry View Post
So one day, I thought to myself "well, my gun just broke . maybe I should buy an ICS".
so i went on the internet and found the ICS MS1 pro for 489$. I have been saving a lot of money for a good gun and the reviews on the internet looked pretty positive. So I bought the gun. it came to my house in a reasonable time and I opened it up and started shooting. the first thin I noticed was the terrible accuracy and tight battery space. after 2 hours (not exaggerating) of trying to get the damn thing in there I gave up. it was held to my gun by a rubber band! the battery also came with cables that disconnected every 5 minutes. I read about the split gearbox in this gun and how it is supposed to make changing springs easier, and it does, but not by much. its a lot easier to get the upper gearbox out but you still have to take the gearbox apart. after realising this, I tried to close the gun. but it wouldnt close.
I was really unsatisfied so I drove all the way to red dear and asked for a re fund. the people there told me that as soon as you open up the gun the warranty becomes void. i was pissed. I argued with the man for 2 minutes before giving up. he found a way to close up the gun and he welded the battery back together. I also spent 40$ on a tighter barrel hoping that it would make the gun more accurate. when I got home, I started shooting my gun again and the new barrel made a tiny difference, but not much at all. after adjusting to reflex sight to this, the motor disconnected. At this point I was infuriated.
now I was down 560$ on a gun that doesn't shoot accurate, doesnt work, and I cant even get a refund.
lesson learned. if you're going to get ICS. DO NOT GET THE MX5!
ICS is good but this "MP5 innovation" is terrible.
Read the manual that came with your gun. It will tell you how to put the battery in. Also look inside and check where the cables can and can't go. You want realism, so you have to work with the shape of a firearm that DO NOT USE BATTERIES...

You have to release the spring before opening the mechbox, otherwise you won't be able to close it again.

Stock batteries are always crap. What ever the brand you buy.
BUT you can probably have a new one since the "repair" the guy did scraped it for good.

You are using the cheapest BB out theres, get something good that is AT LEAST .25 and your accuracy will be better. Again read your manual to learn how to adjust the hop-up.

Now try to replace the main spring in a V3 mechbox under 30 seconds... that is how long it takes me to swap one in an ICS split. No ARES, that's cheating.

Welcome to the wonderful world of airsoft. That is why some individuals are named "gundocs".
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote