• New
5. Mechanical Problems
  • None.
6. Esthetic Problems
  • None.
7. Rounds fired between failures
  • About 1200 rounds to date and no problems
8. Changes to Internals and Externals
  • upraded to an aluminum spike bayonet to replace the stock plastic one. Otherwise, the gun is totally stock.
  • Plan to eventually upgrade the spring to an MS110SP since stock performance is only about 301 fps
9. Resale Date and Value if applicable.
  • Not likely to ever sell this gun.
10.Notes and Comments

This is THE AK variant to own. Real steel externals, tough as nails reinforced internals. For all intents and purposes, this is a REAL Type 56 with AEG internals and a few mods (a few holes drilled into the gas assembly) to ensure it can't be modded to fire live rounds.

This is the PTW of AKs. And in terms of externals, it actually surpasses PTWs in terms of realism and authenticity. You can't get any more real than real steel parts. And it's about 40% the price of a PTW.

So if you want the most realistic, best AK on the face of the planet today, don't buy some $600 TM and spend another $500+ to increase performance and to upgrade to metal and wood. Buy one of these.

See my review here: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=52250

EDIT: Oct 5, 2008

The selector switch developed a problem where it no longer switches to semi-automatic. I haven't tried taking it apart to fix the problem yet. Since I never use semi with that gun, I don't really see it as being a problem anyway. Will update when I get it repaired.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; October 5th, 2008 at 23:35..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote