View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2009, 21:04   #67
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by notec View Post
Here is my story, take it for what it is............
I am new to airsoft, but I did not join to attend the games. I joined because I love the guns. I have collected guns longer than some of you have been alive ;-) Yes I have a cheap Wallyworld m4. And yes I bought it to learn the workings of these guns.

I am a machinist and work at an oil refinery, so I can afford to buy a high end gun.......or make it for that matter :-) But im not going to jump in head first. Ill work my way around,trying various guns.

Something to keep in mind.........not every newbie buys cheap guns because they cant afford it......and cut some of the kids a break, they are the future of this sport you love so much. And a few of them have helped this old guy learn some new tricks....lol
Our issue isn't so much people buying cheap guns. If you know what you're getting, the choice is yours. We simply try to inform.

Our issue comes when people (mostly kids) get angry at us when we tell them a cheap gun is exactly that -cheap. I'd say once a week we get someone who throws a hissey-fit when they think their $150 AEG is all that and we tell them it's about as low as you can go and still call it an airsoft gun. We recommend higher end guns so they can have something they can actually enjoy for more than a game before it breaks.

Cheap guns are excellent for project guns or for tinkering with. A lot of people have bought Krakens and used them as a base for an AEG that's better than most stock guns. However most n00bs lack the skills to fix or repair said guns when they break -hence why we recommend ones that don't break as often.

As for the wallymart M4.. hey.. that's where I started

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote