View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2016, 19:44   #9
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
I went with a small group of about 5-7 a small while ago, and we had 10+ of these beginners on our side while the other side was more or less fully kitted up. Needless to say, we got roflstomped to heck despite the few guys on our team who actually played really well. I screamed at the scrubs to push forward till I lost my voice in vain... Ref saw this, but didn't scramble the teams despite repeated requests. Dunno why.
This is where you show your true leadership skills. Newbies are what we call "canon fodder" and they rush the line and provide a distraction while you take the objective

I've been there, and done that, nothing you can do but just play the game and try to enjoy yourself as best as you can.

I feel like the "staging area rules" is missing something, especially for the beginners. Stuff like things related to sportsmanship and calling your hits. Not asking for an essay but for newbies it would really help especially if they aren't familiar to the terminology or rules of engagement.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote