View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2018, 09:04   #10
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDangerous View Post
I disagree with this statement relying on Pc real estate.

In the end look at it like this.

You’re distributing weight all around your body with your kit. Too much on one part will put stress on your body.

Example:

Belt. You put too much weight here and your back and hips will regret it over a decent time period.

PC. Too much on one side will cause that one side of your body to compensate. Same, your hips, back, knees etc.. same with a chest rig. Because there isn’t much real estate in the back unless you attach a pack harness all of your weight is forward. This will cause your lower back to work hard.

Most people set up their kits incorrectly. I se people with 74828478 mag pouches on them. That’s ridiculous. Or things like ridiculously oversized admin pouches. You don’t need that. I have 5 mag pouches with the triple mag pouch and pistol mags on the front. Double on one side and a weapon catcher in the other. Hydration on the back and. Radio that’s it.

Belt has 4 mag pouches, 2 on each side. A dump pouch, a knife, Kydex grenade holder, double smoke pouch, gadget pouch for my phone and to hold anti dog wipes also a buddy mag pouch on the back. And I have a drop leg Holster.

That’s it. This works for me because of what I use and how I roll. If I were to change anything I would get rid of the triple kangaroo pouch and just havea Triple and move pistol mags off somewhere else making it more flat for the front to get low.
That's only people who do it wrong. Most proper (real steel) PC setups have a better load carrying capability than most chest rigs BECAUSE it distributes the weight over the body.

My PC QASMs on a D3 chest rig, has a pack attached to the back panel, and has a kydex grenade clip, a PTT, and a knife attached to the front loop/PALS field. Cummerbunds are kept slick so there's full range of movement to access anything hanging off my belt although Perroz offers a most excellent elastic cummerbund that lets you stick shit in it while it still seems slick. While theoretically I could load it with shit tons more, I don't have a need to and could technically replace it with just the standalone D3 harness. The problem there is that I find the PC much more comfortable in distributing the weight over my entire body as opposed to the chest rig putting all the pressure on my shoulders, especially with the pack weighing it down.

My belt is run to be as clean as possible. A double kydex pistol mag carrier at 10 o'clock, an emergency kydex rifle mag carrier at 8 o'clock, a general purpose utility pouch for grenades or snacks or an emergency dump pouch at 6 o'clock, an IFAK at 5 o'clock, and a kydex holster for my PX4 at 3 o'clock.

Honestly you sound like you load yourself up way more than I do. You don't need immediate access to a bajillion mags; I carry 5 mags +1 in the rifle and I think I've only ever had to ask a buddy to borrow a mag or to grab spares from my pack once. As I plan on loading up for grenades for upcoming events, my PC offers me the real estate to add more grenade clips very easily whereas most chest rigs don't give you that capability.

OP it depends on you and your planned setup. Just buy good quality gear when you do; real load bearing gear is vastly different from replica/repro/airsoft grade junk.

Last edited by Datawraith; June 20th, 2018 at 09:24..
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote