View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2010, 00:35   #27
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissa View Post
before you read this know that I have high school physics so I could just be babbling stuff off that means nothing, but this is something that came to mind.
on the note of temperature changing the velocity. when it is warmer, the molecules in the air are going slightly faster and so when they are compressed by the spring, they may not exert quite as much force on the BB as they would in cold weather. however you would have to be going into the fourth or fifth decimal place in order to actually see an effect from this case.
I don't think temperature affects AEGs much. Probably in much much warmer temperatures, it is a little harder to compress the air, but again, it shouldn't really matter. This would affect gas guns much greater though. As you said, warmer temperatures will excite gas molecules, increasing the pressure of the gas being used to propel the BBs. Lower temperatures, vice versa.

And thinking about this logically, using basic knowledge of circuits and mechanical theory, no, it won't fail to fully retract the spring. I am new to airsoft too but most of it is pretty intuitive, especially when you have some common sense and read through the FAQs extensively.

Again, using the engine example. From my newbie standpoint, the inner works of the gear box resemble the cylinder within an engine. You have the piston, the fuel injectors, etc. Also, define "weaker." Weaker has in lower capacity or lower voltage? Or lower discharge rates? Your question is vague.

Beginning with lower capacity. It is like having less fuel in your engine. It won't affect it much but will not continue to run as long as having more fuel, or a higher capacity battery.

Lower voltage? This is equivalent to your fuel being injected into the cylinder chamber more slowly. Yes, you will have lower RPM, meaning you will have a lower rate of fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?