View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2019, 21:24   #3
john3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Limey_Brit View Post
Go with the 130 or find a 140. But those springs never guarantee FPS. It depends a lot on your airseal. So your nozzle, hop unit, hop bucking, R-hop (if applicable) and barrel will all affect this.

You could cut the 150 but sniper springs are often linear and unlike many AEG springs, they don't often allow much room for cutting. If you cut your spring too short it will not work properly, if at all. There's also no clear cut rule for cutting springs and FPS drop. You have to do a bit at a time, reassemble and test on a chronograph.

Besides, what weight of ammunition do you intend to use and have you done any upgrades to the hop unit yet? 90% of range come from efficient hop control, not FPS.
I have upgraded it with a Army Action Hop Up, 6.01 inner barrel and Maple Leaf bucking.I just received a Army Action Trigger today and spring guide in the mail. I can get a spring locally.
The Army Action M-150 is rated by the manufacturer @ 490 fps which I assume is after worn in. I figure if I cut two coils it would put me close to 480 fps after worn it.
I agree, every rifle has slightly different variations including air seals which makes a formula difficult.
john3302 is offline   Reply With Quote