View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:10   #24
Covax

Quote:
Originally Posted by marac View Post
Misinterpret, as stated by the man himself. Not about how to clear corners, but about how to clear weak side as (or almost as) effectively as the strong side. That is the side he is wondering about, but he wants to know means other than normal weapon position while clearing, as when holding it on the right side (against right shoulder) while moving to the left will expose your body to the enemy before your weapon clears the corner. Your diagram doesn't show the issue.
The diagram is a start though. It's the strategy - which he needs to change - and now he's got to develop the tactic which he has to develop, and that's going to require some work, not a quick patch. We can't comment too much about about specifics because we don't know Splinter's loadout nor his particular role on a team, if any (in that case team leaders should drill the guy to death). I don't know if he's a fat guy with a Juggernaut rig or a skinny guy in a t-shirt.

Well, Handsonic, you've got to accept that you're going to expose your fleshy parts when you round the corner. What you want to do is expose the minimum about of meat (pat pending) when you do so and yeah, I'm not telling you anything you don't know but what I am saying is you are going to have to drill. Fortunately you have some stupid simple drill options. For the mirror exercise I suggest checking out this this guide below.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-a-Building-with-a-Firearm

It's not the best guide for room-clearing, but the mirror exercise is solid. I'd also recommend getting a buddy and doing the flashlight exercise they suggest. If it helps start small in your PJs and a pistol, then work your way up to more gear & longer guns. After that, try drilling at a game. If you don't have a team, rope some guys together temporarily. Dude's love stacking & breaching.

Yes, you will discover limits. It's not cowardice to avoid a killing floor. But there's always going to be that killer corner in that killer hallway, or that one 4' x 4' x 4' you always get stuck behind. And at that point just say fuck it and go out like a boss and I'll meet you in Valhalla (e.g. staging).

Last edited by Covax; February 5th, 2016 at 08:52..
Covax is offline   Reply With Quote