View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2005, 02:43   #7
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daes
You know, from what you are saying, if you want to make a quick project, create a barrel plug that will allow dry firing. Alot of people dry fire to see if a battery is working, if you have your plug in, like you should when you store or transport, a plug with an inner resistance tube could be cheap to make, and with the data presented, save the wear and tear on your gun...

Oh yeah, another test that I would like to see, related to this, is the impact difference of having an one-piece and a TM three-piece hopup. Does the quick takedown (armalite) TM hopup leak enough that it is causing more impact when shooting, and especially when dry firing...

=Daes=
I'm not sure how effective the TM barrel plugs are effective in reducing mechbox impact. There isn't much of a good seal between the inner and outer barrel so there might not be much of a cushioning if the air can just rush between inner and outer barrels.

I have actually worked out a bit which can be pressed onto a mechbox nozzle so I can simulate a shot bb when testing a mechbox outside of an AEG (worst case mechbox impact). I also considered a barrel plug for field testing assembled AEGs.

Both items are deferred projects until the piston head testing is completed. I'm timesharing between this airsoft project and a hunk of lab equipment I'm working on so I can't really start any more design projects before none of them get anywhere.

If I didn't need to eat or pay rent, I'd stop retailling airsoft or adaptors so I could put nearly all of my time to getting my design projects done. Unfortunately it kind of defeats the purpose of inventing new stuff if you never take it to market.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote