View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:18   #1
Kozure

Question Do AEG Guntechs Have a Specific Place where they Solicit Business Here at ASC?

I'm looking for a AEG guntech to swap out the stock VFC barrel on my VFC VR16 Saber Carbine (all stock parts, seven months old) and check compression and o-rings for a potential air seal issue, with the potential for a full cylinder and cylinder head swap on their recommendation.

Out of the box, the gun fired about 370-380fps, but it's slowly been dropping for some reason and currently seems to vary considerably between 280 and 360. The barrel replacement is just something I figured I can do while it was opened up - I'm more concerned about the seal and cylinder.

I've heard of the legendary Ziming Wan (I don't say that ironically - people I met in BC spoke of him with reverence) , but I feel like this is such a relatively simple procedure it's not worth his time (I'm sure he's very busy).

I know it's like a 30-45 minute job for a person who knows what he's doing, but I don't want to try it myself without attending some gun-tech seminars under my belt first.

I need it for a milsim on the 3rd of November. I started looking for a tech last month and I thought I had a good recommend, but it seems the person had some personal business to deal with and hasn't been able to reply.

If anyone knows of a reliable, reputable tech that can do a relatively simple parts swap and "tune-up" and get the AEG back to me before the 3rd, I'd pay good money.

I did a couple of searches here at ASC but came up with mostly DiY threads. Again, I eventually want to do this myself but for the time being I'm just looking for someone who already knows his stuff, instead of me mucking something up and then not having a working AEG for the milsim.

Sorry if my searching/Google-fu is weak here - I did look around in the forums but I don't rule out that I've stupidly overlooked something.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have been cleaning the barrel and making sure no oil or lube came in contact with the BBs in the magazines or inside the hop-up chamber, so I don't think it's a dirty barrel causing the problem.

Last edited by Kozure; October 23rd, 2017 at 13:41..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote