View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:24   #3
The_Jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfurlong View Post
1 - possibly, however not necessary. I have an echo1 ak that clocks in at 320 fps on .2's. and when I use .3's in game I'm reaching 220 feet with it
2 - yeah a 120 is roughly 400-410 depending on air seal as well as other parts inside the gun
3 - 120 would be the go to generally
4 - yes it is safe to do so without other parts, however you may need to correct the aoe (angle of engagement) on the piston
Since this post I have found out that the gun ships with the sector gear short stroked.
The piston is 15 tooth and the sector gear is 13tooth. So the gun actually has an m120 in it and shoots 350FPS due to the short stroke. Would it make more sense to replace the sector with a 15tooth one so that I can get my FPS back to ~400FPS with the m120?

I hear you on the fact that FPS is not everything. Do you have an R-hop, flat hop, or a maple leaf system?

It's a new gun I to be honest I wouldn't like to take the gear box apart if I can avoid it. I'd rather run it stock until something breaks. The box does have a quick spring change system which is why I considered the spring upgrade. What do you suggest?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The_Jelly is offline   Reply With Quote