View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2019, 17:25   #3
jwm470

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06jorkee View Post
"Cheap" and ceramic armor are two things that don't belong together. Are you wanting ceramic plates that are actually properly rated/trustworthy, or do you just want some plates to simulate some weight?

If you're going to spring for ceramic plates because you want L3+ protection, don't cheap out on something that's safety related. The idea of cheap body armor shouldn't be a thing. If you just want something for airsoft why not buy a set of non-ballistic SAPI plates and save a ton of money? Or buy a set of Ice Plates and keep cool?

Do you want a carrier mounted or belt mounted IFAK pouch? I'm a fan of tear away kits- CTOMS makes a great IFAK pouch, and for a belt line kit I'd look at the Coyote Tactical Solutions STOMP
For me "cheap" is kind of relative, I'm hoping for plates around (hopefully under) $300 a plate but I'm kind of flexible with prices. I just want something that is reliable and will work if it needs to.

I'm looking to have a second line set up for a IFAK that will be larger than a first line set up. I'm working on trying to set up a belt once my vest has been propperly taken care of, and I think I'd be trying to get a smaller IFAK on the belt such as Blue Force Gears micro trauma kit or something such as that (maybe the LBT 9022b)
jwm470 is offline   Reply With Quote