Thread: AK vs M4 (AR)
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2018, 17:48   #15
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Can you explain what he did to the AK for you to like it? maybe even link a picture. And why do you still prefer your AR? Even if your answer is "I like it better due to how it looks" that is still relevant to me and other can draw conclusions form it.
Uhhh, it's not my gun nor my Instagram. If you want to know everything about it, you'd best message xevous himself. It's a sweeeeeet gat.

I personally don't like AKs at all. The ergonomics suck; the grip angle is weird, the iron sights are garbage, you can't C-clamp if you use the iron sights because it'll block your entire sight picture, the fire selector is kind of ridiculous to use, and so forth).

AKs are heavy, especially the good models (Real Sword, LCT) because they are made of steel whereas ARs tend to be an aluminum alloy so they are much lighter, and they feel bulkier than ARs to me.

Due to these, I find myself much faster with an AR; I point much more naturally so I'm faster at shooting, transitioning, and manipulating my rifle.

I also prefer how my AR looks with a real MLOK rail (xevous' AK has a real MLOK rail too, which is partially why I like it so much), and just how sleek it is. It's literally a boomstick.

As other users have mentioned, that might be a matter of training and being used to the controls. But I'm an AR guy through and through. If you want light, sleek, and ergonomic, the AR's your platform.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote