View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2016, 14:04   #11
e-luder

Many thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
I had the same build in mind for a few years now lol. Goddamn it looks good.

Make you a deal for exchanging a stock TM P226 for you to make another project on?

On another note, how much did all that cost you?! The kit alone is over 400 bucks Canadian right now not including shipping and taxes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
How much was the total build cost on this bad boy? Looks sexy as fawk
I hate answering this question. Mainly because I'm scared to find out myself...

You can get a quote from various Canadian retailers for the Metal body kit because cost may vary depending on who you go to.
You can take the my parts listing and punch it into WGC or eHobby or UNCompany or something.

The killer is always the shipping rates and the Canadian Dollar conversion rates. I tried to wait out the rates but i don't think the Canadian Dollar will do any better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfreerider View Post
Your builds never disappoint! Did the Prime kit require special fitting like the PGC's do or was it a drop in fit?
No. The PRIME kit did not need any alteration of any sort. All the slide and frame guts fit snuggly. In this case, "...Peg A went into hole A..." with no issues. It was not loose or tight. It was just right. All it really needed was Superlube on a few key points for a smooth action.

It was able to accept the external after market parts no problem. Even the dreaded Guarder components (albeit there were only a few but were key components) were a nice fit and didn't require alteration.

On a second note, the front rail bolt screw threading/post was much more durable on the PRIME kit. It didn't strip or anything stupid like that unlike on the PGC kits i've handled. Sometimes on the PGC frames i handled, the post threading would strip during installation!!

The PRIME Kit's slide-to-frame was very nice. Nothing was loose. No slide movement when the slide was at battery. THe barrel held in its place. Only thing is, the barrel-to-slide ratio was much different than any other. You can't run the stock barrel or a Guarder barrel without altering it. It could just be this specific kit but that was kind of of shitty deal.

One thing I would give points to PGC for is the sight dovetails. The PGC kits I find are more accepting of aftermarket sights than the PRIME slides. But that could be just how a particular sight was measured and cut.

The PRIME kit is a superb kit. I highly recommend it if you can afford it....