View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2014, 22:58   #1
whisper_kill

Wasteland weekend

Been considering putting together a milsim, based on post apocalyptic world filled with mad max types fueled by drugs and mad with radiation poisoning.

A small, scattered and stealthy multinational special operations force would need to find each other, establish their hide and achieve a goal or two. Keeping it as simple as possible.

My biggest concern is finding enough people who would be solid role players on the crazed tribe side and building awesome elaborate sets.

I've run plenty of games, big and small. I've run conventions, built props and sets and a million other things... but it's up to the community as to whether a concept like this would be allowed to take off.

Below are tentative planning details that I am revealing before the "official" game thread opens up.

Event Name: Black Aurora
Tentative Event Date: Saturday, September 26th, 2015 13:00hrs - 24:00hrs
Produced by: KillhaĆ¼s Entertainment OPS Inc.
Sponsored by: BBBastard

In the year 2018, our sun had multiple, massive Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) events.

First, high-energy sunlight, mostly x-rays and ultraviolet light, ionized the Earth's upper atmosphere, interfering with radio communications. Next came the radiation storms followed by the big CMEs.

Our satellite network was first to fall. Followed by destruction of our electrical grid. GPS was disabled. Passenger jets fell from the sky. Buildings caught fire. The internet became silent.

Our planet fell into darkness. We all looked skyward, watching the massive light show of hyperactive aurora that enveloped the entire planet. It got cold. It stayed dark. From the silence grew the sounds of fear, suffering and discontent.

Then the real chaos began. People rampaged, mad with radiation sickness. Anarchists looted and killed. Governments toppled under the weight of humanity. Armies were dispersed, fragmented, reduced to handfuls of poorly equipped soldiers.

Humans formed tribes each with their own forms of distorted rules, to try and survive, scavenging and killing for what little scraps they could. Methods to manufacture pharmaceuticals were invented to help ease the pain of suffering... while others were producing powerful psychotic drugs for their own demented agendas. A twisted... mutated existence began to take shape in an effort to bring back those things in our pre-CME life that gave us comfort.

But the Tribes of the Wasteland were not the only ones carving out their piece of our dead planet.

Welcome to Black Aurora.

Interested Players:
BigLoad
Malcolm Tanner
Zack the Ripper
Gunny1980
CROM
Forever_Kaos
Ironaeon
Red Dot
Army Issue

Tentative Player Structure:

Military Units:
United Kingdom, 4 players
United States, 6 players
Japan, 4 players

Semi-auto only.
Real/low-capacity magazines only.
Maximum of 300 rounds per person. Do NOT bring BBs. We supply the BBs.
NightVision permitted.
Radios permitted.
Any military camo pattern BDU permitted. No flat colours (i.e., Olive Drab)

Post-Apocalyptic Tribe (to be named):
Tribe Leader, 1 player
Tribe Members: 20 players

Semi-auto only.
Real/low-capacity magazines only.
Maximum of 100 rounds per person. Do NOT bring BBs. We supply the BBs.
NO NightVision.
NO radios.
Non military attire (NO camo patterns). ALL players must be "in post-apo costume" and meet minimum requirements (to be posted).

Lost Angeles NPCs (non-player characters):
DJ, 1 NPC
Barkeep/Trader, 1 NPC
Gate Keepers/Decontamination, 2 NPC
Partiers? As many as would like to show up and have fun.

Last edited by whisper_kill; January 30th, 2015 at 13:50..
whisper_kill is offline   Reply With Quote