Thread: BB Brands...?
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2018, 13:01   #1
Iceking007

BB Brands...?

Okay so most rifle/gun manufacturers out there worth looking at state use quality BBs. Aftermarket parts, upgrades, tighter tolerances, all require "high quality BBs"

But what exactly is a high quality BB. All the manufactures I'm finding on websites are "highest quality", "best", "seamless", "polished". But like most things they can't all be the best and they can't all be equal.

Now I presume I won't get everyone to agree on the absolute TOP single one and only brand to buy - as with most anything else - however if we could all agree on say the top three highest quality brands; or perhaps the brands to absolutely avoid; those are steps in the right direction.

Now I'm assuming that if 'company X' has the best manufacturing plant, best QA/QC, high standards and values yada yada yada... then they would make the best BB regardless of weight. However perhaps that is untrue so here are my proposed guidelines:

-BBs have to be readily available in bulk (I'm not a millionaire spending $500k on a single BB bullet because it's PERFECT). And I'm not looking for an exclusive club membership that only makes 35,000 BBs for the entire world market once a year and you have to line up in Tibet by March 9th to see if you're a lucky winner of BBs for October 3rd.

-BBs are for general use semi/auto assault rifle & pistol use. As above I'm not sniping with these so I don't just need 10 perfect BBs that cost 3 times as much but are 15% better. I need GREAT, not ASTONISHING - must write home about ect.

-BB weights between say 0.25g-0.32g. From my research I'm guessing I'll be in this range as with most people.

-Biodegradable........ although not my focus I do have a friend that has access to property we might be using and the only stipulation is that the BBs be biodegradable. So if you have feedback on Biodegradable BBs I'll also take that info but that isn't the full scope of this post.

FYI: my research shows that Elite Force and G&G are the top two (mostly USA) however most Canadian websites list BB Bastard.

- Okay so far I'd say it breaks down as follows for popularity:

BB Bastard & Elite Force leading

Griffin, Krytac, G&G, & Madbull runner ups

Last edited by Iceking007; February 21st, 2018 at 23:14.. Reason: added content
Iceking007 is offline   Reply With Quote